Error: Check Disk runs each time windows starts up.
Follow the steps bellow. Replace e with the drive that is getting checked at start up.
1. click on your start menu and open the run dialog.
2. type "cmd" and return (note: don’t enter quotes)
Windows Vista and 7:
1. Click on your start menu in the search menu type "cmd" (don't enter quotes)
2. In search results right click CMD and choose Run as Administrator. All windows follow the rest in the Command Prompt box.
All windows user can also find the CMD button Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
3. In the Command Prompt box type "fsutil dirty query e:"
4. If the return message indicates that the volume is dirty go to step 5
5. Next type "chkdsk e: /f /x"
6. After that finshes repeat step 3.
7. If it is no longer dirty then reboot and you should notice no more ckdisk.